Hi, I’m Lindsay and I’ve traveled around the world
嗨 我是琳赛 曾经独自环游世界
from Asia to Africa,
我的足迹横跨亚非大陆
across Europe and Alaska by myself.
同时穿行了欧洲和阿拉斯加
These are my top 10 tips for solo travelers.
这里是我给独自旅行者的十条最佳建议
Number 10, bring only what you need.
第十 只带你需要的
I know you’re traveling by yourself and if it’s your first time,
我知道当你第一次独自旅行时
you’re probably gonna feel like you need to have everything,
你可能会觉得你什么都需要
which lead to a tendency to overpack.
也就会导致你打包过多的物品
When you overpack, you become more of a target,
过多的行李也会带来更多的麻烦
because you’re dropping all of your things,
东西不断从你手中滑落
you have a lot to account for.
你又难以顾全所有的行李
As opposed to when you keep things small and condense and in control.
而紧凑的行李打包 就能避免这样的尴尬
If you haven’t seen my packing video, I recommend taking a look at that.
如果你没有看过我的打包视频的话 我推荐你去看一看
You never wanna have more than two bags as a solo traveller.
单人旅行时 随身携带的包不能超过两个
One that can either go on your back or that you pull,
一个包可以背在背后或拉着手中
and one that you keep in the front,
另一个你可以背在前面
with all of your important things, like tech gadgets and passports.
装上所有贵重物品 比如科技产品和护照
Anything more than these, it’s just too much to manage.
但装太多东西也只会徒增烦恼
Number 9, triple check your bank knows that you’re leaving,
第九 确保你的银行知道你要外出旅行
and have a back-up plan if they shut down your card.
同时做好备份计划以防银行停了你的卡
One time, I told my bank twice that I was going to be out of the country.
有一次 我已经两次告诉我的银行我要出国了
And still when I got to Paris on my own,
但是 当我独自到达巴黎
the first time I used my card, it worked like a charm.
第一次使用银行卡时 提款机还是报警了
Second time, my account had been shut down.
到了第二次 账户就被冻结了
When I’m waiting for my flight at that Airport,
当你在机场等待航班起飞时
that is a great time for you to give them a call again,
是你再次给银行打电话确认的好机会
and make sure they know that you’re gonna be out of the country,
确保他们知道你将离开这个国家
what countries you’re going to and how long you’ll be gone.
你将去哪个国家以及你将去多久
I recommend having a credit card, one or two debit cards,
我建议你带上一张信用卡加上一到两张储蓄卡
and some cash at the very least.
但至少还要带上一些现金
Number 8, book your first night in a country in advance.
第八 提前订好在这个国家的第一晚住宿
So if you know me, then you know I love spontaneous travel.
如果你了解我 你就知道我喜欢即兴旅行
But the first night you land in a country,
但当你刚刚结束长途飞行后
after you’ve gotten off that long haul flight,
准备度过在陌生国家的第一晚
take it easy on yourself and have a place booked in advance.
你应该好好放松自己 提前预订好房间
If you are on any sort of budget,
如果你有一定的预算
you do not wanna rely on taxis or Ubers
你肯定不想坐计程车或优步
to get you from the airport to your accommodation.
从机场到达住宿地
And the reason is typically airports are in the outskirts of town,
因为通常机场都在城外
which means it’s gonna cost a lot to get into town,
而你住的地方大概率是在城中
which is most likely where you’re staying.
这意味着从机场到你住的地方需要花费很多钱
The example of this is when I went to Bangkok,
比如当我去曼谷时
I booked my first night in advance.
我提前订好了第一晚的房间
And the entire reason I booked the hostel that I did
我订下这个酒店完全是因为
was because it had high social and staff ratings which meant
这个酒店星级很高服务很好
I knew I’d meet people who could give me great insight
这意味着我到达这个陌生城市后
on the place that I had just landed.
他们能向我提供周到的服务
Plus, they had directions in Thai and in English of
而且泰国有泰语和英语的双语指向牌
how to take the Metrolink to the area that I wanted to go,
能够告诉我怎样乘地铁到达我的目的地
as well as how much it should cost.
同时也标注了价格
These are all things you wanna know
这些都是你飞机着陆前
before you touch down for your first night.
你所需要准备的东西
Number 7, smile and be confident.
第七 带上你的微笑和自信
This especially goes to solo female travelers,
这一条特别适用独自旅行的女性
which I’m going to make an entire video another time.
我的下一个视频也将继续再谈这点
But it’s really important to smile.
因为微笑真的很重要
If you’re getting scared, if you’re in a new place,
如果你在一个新地方表现得非常害怕
and you’re trying to get your bearings,
而你又在尝试振作起来
the worst thing you could possibly do is look scared,
你绝对不能表现得非常害怕
or look like a deer in headlights,
好像车头灯前的鹿那样
because people who are around,
因为你周围的人们
who are trying to prey on tourists who look like that,
会盯上看起来很害怕的游客
know exactly what’s going through your head.
他们非常了解你在想什么
So at all times, when you’re traveling solo,
所以当你独自旅行时
you wanna smile, you wanna be up straight,
要记得带上微笑 保持身体挺直
you wanna be looking around, alert.
你要警觉的观察周围
When you are smiling, you are conveying the fact you are in control,
你的微笑也就表示了你是控制场面那个人
you are not worried, you are not stressed, you are not out of your element.
你不担心 不紧张 你很自在
You are in control of the situation
你能掌控这个情况
is exactly what you need when you’re traveling solo.
这也正是你独自旅行中所必需的
Number 6, have your itinerary, documents, and important addresses
第六 把你的行程表 文件 和重要的地址
saved on your iPhone and on the cloud.
保存在你的苹果手机和云端上
So if you’re anything like me, the cloud actually means email to your mom.
比如对我来说 我是把给妈妈发的邮件当作云端来用的
And so if I ever lost my passport or needed my flight itinerary,
所以如果我需要我的护照或是航班信息
I would just email her and be like “Mom, I need my passport, I lost it”,
我会发邮件说 “妈妈 快把我的护照给我!我扔在家了!”
and she would send it back to me.
她就会寄回给我
But if you are like super tech-savvy, Steve Jobs, you can keep it on the cloud.
但你也可以像技术通斯蒂夫•乔布斯那样把它保存在云端
You can access it from wherever you want and that works as well.
那么无论地点你都可以重新方便地获取这些信息
Just make sure you have a way to access things
确保你有得到这些重要信息的方法
that’s not just on your phone or in your bag,
不要只把他们放在手机上或包里
because if this gets stolen or that gets stolen,
因为如果它们被偷了
you’re not gonna know where you’re going or what you’re doing.
你就不会知道下一步行程是什么了
Number 5, be flexible and don’t plan too much.
第五 灵活应对 不要提前计划太多
This goes along with you don’t pack too much.
这和不要打包太多是一样的道理
And I get it. It’s your first time traveling on your own,
我能理解这是你第一次独自旅行
and you feel like everything needs to be regimented because you’re freaked out,
而焦虑的你想要计划所有好的事情
and you want to know exactly where it’s gonna be.
你想知道自己具体去哪
And your mom wants to know where you’re gonna be.
你的爸爸妈妈
Your dad wants to know, everyone wants to know where you’re gonna be.
所有人都操心着你的去处
And you wanna know where you’re gonna be and it’s very stressful,
你也想知道自己到底要去哪
and it’s very stressful,
压力就这样产生了
and then you end up making this very like packed itinerary.
最终你会重复打包行李时犯的错
And if one thing goes wrong, that thing is like a Jenga tower.
如果一件事错了 那件事就像多米诺骨牌
And there is so much more in stress
不断推翻你的设计好的的旅游计划
that comes with having a packed schedule
给你带来更多压力
than if you just tell people that
而如果直接和他们说你不会有事的
it’s gonna be okay,
你就在某地区游玩
and you’re gonna be in these general vicinities.
就会少很多压力
And you can just make up your plan as you go along.
而且你可以边旅行边完善游玩计划
Once you’re in that place and you have a chance to
因为一旦你有了机会去和当地人交流
talk to people and understand a little better,
就能对目的地有更好的了解
then you can come up with an itinerary.
下一步的旅行计划也就水到渠成了
Number 4, don’t arrive places at night,
第四 不要在晚上到达目的地
and if you do, stay put.
如果你这样做了 就待在原地
Now this is not a safety concern.
这不是担心安全问题
It’s not because bad things happen at night.
或是害怕夜晚会发生不好的事情
This is because well you get ripped off at night.
而是因为在晚上你会被坑
So if you arrive somewhere in the middle of the night,
如果你在午夜到达了某地
you don’t have as many options.
你不会有太多选择
And when you don’t have many options,
而当你没有太多选择时
you have to pay for the options that are around.
你就必须为有限的选择买单
They’re typically the more expensive ones.
而通常他们都会更贵
I hate getting ripped off by taxicab drivers at the airport.
我讨厌在机场被出租车司机宰
And if you arrive somewhere in the middle night,
而如果你在午夜到达你的目的地
that’s what’s gonna happen.
同样的事也会发生
So what I do and what I did when I landed in the middle of night
所以当有一次我在午夜到达越南时
in Vietnam was I slept at the airport.
我选择睡在机场
And I just found a little chair, and I put my stuff there, andI slept there for a few hours.
我把我的东西放在椅子上 然后在那睡了几个小时
I woke up at 6 or 7 a.m.
当我在早上六七点钟醒来时
I was able to get in town at a way better price.
我能用更划算的价格进城
It’s not just taxicab drivers too,
出租车也不是唯一的问题
it’s like getting to a guest house, checking in,
当你准备入住时
like sometimes hostels have lockout time, sometimes guest house is closed.
却发现有的酒店已经不接客了 有的宾馆也关门了
If you staying with a local, they’re gonna be pissed
如果你准备住在当地人的家里 而你凌晨两点才到家
if you get in at 2:00 in the morning.
他们会非常生气
So just wait it out, sleep at the airport.
所以不如就等着 在机场睡一觉
It’s not that bad
也没有那么糟糕
and then wake up the next day and do it that way.
等第二天再重新开启你的行程
Number 3, dress to blend in and don’t show off your fancy gadgets.
第三 穿搭方面尽量融入当地 不要炫耀你的花哨的小工具
When I travel, I don’t use this case.
我旅行时并不用这个手机壳
I actually use a solid gray one,
我会用一个纯灰色的
which makes my iPhone look like it could be any variety of phone that’s this size.
让我的苹果手机看上去可以是任何品牌同样大小的手机
I try to keep my camera which is a SONY A7S
还有我的索尼A7S相机
either packed up away or covered by a jacket.
要么我就把它收起来 要么就用外套盖住
And I always wear clothes that are pretty nondescript.
并且我总是穿不那么出挑的衣服
It’s better when you’re traveling to a low-key thing and stand out as little as possible.
旅行时尽量低调不突出会更好
Number 2, keep an extra careful eye on your stuff.
第二 格外留意你的东西
When you’re traveling with friend, you have two of you to watch your stuff.
当你和朋友旅行时 可以一起照看行李
But when you’re by yourself, it’s just you.
但是当你孤身一人 肯定势单力薄
These pickpockets know this.
小偷们也非常清楚这一点
And sometimes solo travelers can be a bigger target because of this.
所以有时独自一人会变成更大的目标
If all they have to do is to distract you
而他们需要做的就是分散你的注意力
and then be able to make off with your bag,
然后偷走你的包
it’s a lot easier than when you’re with a friend,
当你和朋友在一起时他们就很难得逞
and they distract both of you to get ahold of your bag.
因为他们很难同时分散你们的注意力
This means if you ever put down your backpack,
这意味着如果你想放下包
if you ever put your purse on table,
或者把包放在桌子上
just keep physical contact with it.
一定要和包有身体接触
If you have to wrap the strap of your backpack around your ankle,
也可以把背带绕在脚踝处
just keep your hand on top of your purse.
还有一定记得把手放在包上
Do whatever you need to do,
做好你需要做的一切
so if you are looking a different direction,
那么当你头扭向不同方向时
someone can’t take your stuff.
别人才拿不走你的东西
There are gonna be times when you are not able to have control of your possessions.
但是也会出现你无法把行李放在身边的时候
If you go on a bus, sometimes they’re gonna put it above the bus or under the bus.
坐公共车时 有时他们会把行李放在汽车上或汽车下
That’s okay. If everybody else seems to be ok with it,
如果乘客们都认为那样没问题 那就没事
then you shouldn’t have a huge issue either.
你也不必对此太过焦虑
Just make sure every single thing of value is on you,
但是要确保所有值钱的东西都在你身上
and not in the bag that’s put under the bus.
而不在放在汽车下的包里
And number 1, explore and have fun.
第一 探索周围 享受旅行
Solo travel is my favorite kind of travel,
独自旅行是我最喜欢的旅行类型
because it really exposes you to the world and the culture that you’re visiting.
因为独自旅行能让你更好的了解一个国家文化风情
Traveling with friends and family is great too.
和朋友 家人一起旅行也不错
But it’s through solo travel very well to learned a lot about myself and the world,
但通过独自旅行 我能够更了解我自己和这个世界
and have made of my most favorite experiences.
从中也创造了我最喜欢的经历之一
Once you get the hang of it and start feeling confident on your own,
一旦你掌握了技巧 开始有信心独自旅行
I think it will be the way that you like to see the world best too.
我想这也会成为你最喜欢的欣赏世界的方式

相关热播

  • 2021-08-2410场全世界最奢华的焰火表演十场全世界最奢华的焰火表演The Top 10 Most Expensive Fireworks Shows in the World 欢迎来到ALUX网Welcome to Alux.com, 这里是未来亿万富翁汲取灵感的地方the place where future billionaires come to get inspired. 嗨 各位观众 欢迎回到我们的节目Hello, Alux..
  • 2021-08-24旅行的未来?几周前接受了福特的邀请去了纽约 去参加了崭新的福特中心开幕式 各位 这就是纽约了 欢迎来到Oculus购物中心 专程跑来看福特体验中心开幕式 给大家分享福特公司将提供的 移动性以及运输方式 福特体验中心位于Oculus 也就是Westfield世界贸易中心商城 在这能有趣 创新地学习 交通是怎么样影响我们 你们和纽约的 作为游客 我们都知道 旅行和出行工具形影不离 交通工具的未来 也就是旅行的未..
  • 2021-08-24世界各地的婚礼习俗Cultures throughout the world世界各地的文化 have their own unique ideas on how to say, “I do.”都有他们独特的创意 来说“我愿意” We’re taking you around the globe to show you我们将向你展示 how people celebrate th..
  • 2021-08-24马丘比丘-VR探索印加古城被废弃的城市马丘比丘VR电影拍摄幕后 欢迎回到哇嘎兄弟VR视频Welcome back to Vagabrothers in VR. 我是马尔科 这是马丘比丘——印加文明失落的城市的360度全景视频I’m Marko and this is a 360 tour of Machu Picchu- the lost city of the Incas, 这座城市建于15世纪 被遗忘了将近500年 ..
  • 2021-08-24Youtube用户翻译不可译词BollocksBollocks. 你知道它什么意思吗You know what that means? -是的-“胡说”的意思-Yeah.-It’s a bullshit. 我以为是“ballsack”的意思I was going to say”ballsack.” 是的 没错Yeah.It is. -是睾丸的意思吗-Is it ballsack..
  • 2021-10-3011种非同一般的厨房用具《科技空间》 Watermelons Slicer Tool西瓜切块机 Cutting of fruit as big as a watermelon is not difficult,虽然切像西瓜这么大的的水果不是难事 but it is a rather long process.但是这很费时间 Here is a tool that allows you to cut a watermel..
  • 2021-08-24匈牙利布达佩斯旅游指南匈牙利首都 布达佩斯The Hungarian capital, Budapest, 坐落于中欧多瑙河岸两旁is situated on the banks of the Danube in Central Europe. 是匈牙利政治 经济 文化中心It’s the political, economic and cultural heart of the nation, 也是陆地上最美最适宜..
  • 2021-08-24旅行方式——打工度假、志愿服务、海外留学大家好 欢迎回到《如何旅行》系列Hello guys, welcome back to my how to travel series, 网上的教程主要是一步步教大家basically my web series where I give you a step-by-step guide 怎样计划旅行行程on how to plan your own trip or travels. 这期的视频..
  • 2021-08-24《权力的游戏》龙石岛取景地这个坐落在西班牙的小岛– [Narrator] This smallislet in Spain is connected 经由一条狭窄的小路通向大陆to the mainland by a narrow man-made path. 也许粉丝们And fans of Game ofThrones might recognize it 能认出这里是龙母的故乡as the ancest..
  • 2021-08-24英格兰比奇角:英国自然风光After visiting a resort town, England’s natural beauty provides a delightful contrast.游览过度假村后再来看英国的自然美景 将产生令人愉悦的对比 These chalk cliffs are often mistaken for Dover’s,这些白垩崖常被误认为是多佛的白悬崖 but ..
  • 2021-10-30使用热熔胶枪做装饰品的21个创意[音乐][Music] 天真热Hot damn. 是时候学习使用热熔胶枪制作装饰品的It’s Time to learn 21 Insanely Cool Things 21个炫酷(降温)创意了You Can Do With a Hot Glue Gun 本视频创意由爱丽丝·梦空莱提供by Alice Mongkonglite 1.用蜡笔替代胶棒 为孩子制作神奇的蜡艺作品1.Swap glue ..
  • 2021-08-24日本草蜥蜴春天和夏天我在日本最喜欢做的事情之一是One of my favorite things to do in the spring and summer in Japan is look for 寻找草蜥kanahebi. Kanahebi是草蜥蜴 他们在日本真的很普遍Kanahebi are grass lizards and they’re really common in Jap..

我要评论

    评论加载中...

译学馆所有视频和图片来自互联网版权归原创者所有。

加载中...