过去十年以来,我们有非常多的相关数据显示
For about ten years we’ve had very strong correlational data showing that, for example,
当你的饮食习惯不好时,你患抑郁症或者类似于抑郁症的疾病的几率
when you eat poorly your risk of depression and illnesses like depression just go up 70/80
会增加78%
percent.
但如果你的饮食习惯更为传统 比如地中海的饮食习惯或者日本的饮食习惯
And when you eat a more traditional diet like a Mediterranean diet or Japanese diet your
那你患抑郁症的几率就会减小50%之多
risk of an illness like depression can go down by as much as 50 percent.
所以第一批最新的临床试验报告显示
And so that’s now led to the first clinical trial that is just being reported showing
有红肉的地中海饮食其实能够治疗临床的
that a Mediterranean diet augmented with some red meat actually can treat clinical depression,
重度抑郁障碍
major depression disorder.
这对于营养精神学来说也是令人兴奋的
And it’s a very exciting moment for nutritional psychiatry.
现在我们有更多的科学论证了在心理健康方面
It’s a time when we have more science that tells us food should really be part of the
食物起到了很大的作用
conversation when it comes to our mental health.
我们正处在一个非常好的研究心理学术的时代
We are facing an incredible mental health academic.
我在纽约做精神学家已经有16年了
I’ve been in New York as a psychiatrist now for 16 years and the amount of distress and
这期间受病症折磨和致死的人数是无法想象的
the amount of mortality that we’re seeing is like levels we’ve never seen before and
我们需要运用很多种已知的方法 其中食物是很重要的一种方法
we need as many tools in our toolbox and food is very much there, both from just common
从常识上来说也是
sense.
我们都知道要感觉良好的前提就是要有一个好的饮食 现在
We all know that to feel right we need to eat right, but then also backed up by now
也有大量的科学实验显示 营养中的一些核心元素
an incredible amount of science showing that a core set of nutrients actually have very
在预防和治疗疾病
clear data that can help in the prevention and the treatment of illnesses, again, like
比如抑郁和痴呆上有很大的作用
depression and dementia.
所以我们鼓励人们去吃含有这些元素的食物
So we want to encourage people to eat those foods that have most of these nutrients and
并帮助他们这样做 这是心理健康恢复治疗计划中很重要的一部分
then help them do that is really part of a mental health care plan.
我们在吃的时候会考虑到很多疾病 比如说心脏病 癌症 糖尿病
We think about a lot of illnesses when we eat, heart disease, cancer, diabetes and it’s
但事实上 你在吃东西的时候最应该担心的
always struck me that really the illness you should be worried about or the organ you should
疾病或者器官应该是你的大脑 因为这是你至今为止最大的
be worried about when you’re eating is your brain because that is by far your biggest
财富
asset.
它比其他器官消耗了更多你从食物中摄入的能量
It consumes more of your energy in your food than any other organ you have.
所以关注你的大脑需要的营养会引导你吃一些不一样的食物
And so focusing on the nutrients your brain needs guide you to a slightly different set
如果你关注的是这些东西 比如说卡路里 饱和脂肪或者是预防一些
of foods that if you focus on just things like calories or saturated fat or preventing
比如癌症之类的疾病
something like cancer.
所以令人高兴的是这些科学数据开始和常识相吻合了
And so it’s an exciting moment as the data begins to catch up with common sense.
对大脑最好的饮食就是传统饮食
The diets that seem to do the best in terms of brain health are traditional diets.
举个例子来说 最典型的科学例子就是地中海饮食法
So, for example, the most science is about the Mediterranean diet.
地中海饮食是一种以蔬菜为基础的饮食法
Mediterranean diet is a plant-based diet.
你注意到地中海饮食中有很多的坚果和种子 全麦食品
You’re going to see lots and lots of nuts and seeds, whole grains, you’re going to see
海鲜 肉和奶制品有不同的做法
seafood, you going to see meat and dairy treated differently.
有趣的是 在所有的地中海饮食法中 比如说希腊酸奶
I mean it’s interesting that all Mediterranean diets, Greek yogurt, for example, they have
在一些奶制品 发酵奶制品和肉类中 他们被用的频率和香料一样高
some dairy and fermented dairy products and meat, but they’re used more as flavorings.
你不会在地中海饮食里看到西方饮食的影子 比如说大块的牛排和烤土豆
You don’t see what we see in a western diet of a giant steak and a baked potato.
地中海饮食里有很多香料和新鲜的药草
You see a lot more spices in the Mediterranean diet and fresh herbs, these are very, very
这些是非常有效的药物 经常被用来治疗疾病
powerful medicine that have always been used to treat illness.
所以我最喜欢的介入治疗方法之一就是帮助人们种植
And so one of my favorite interventions is helping people do like even a little herb
哪怕只是一小盆药草在他们的火坑或者是前院 这样子早上你走出房门
pot on their fire is scape or in their front yard because you can just walk out in the
就可以摘取到西洋葱 罗勒 把它们碾碎 撒在你的炒蛋上
morning, grab some chives, grab some basil, chop it up, have it with yours scrambled eggs.
这样一来早餐的营养价值就变高了
You’ve just increased the nutrient density of that meal and you’ve made it a little bit
你的饮食就和地中海饮食有那么一点儿像了
more like the Mediterranean diet.
接下来我要说的是地中海饮食主要由单一不饱和油脂和
What you’re going to see is in the Mediterranean diets mainly monounsaturated and polyunsaturated
多元不饱和油脂组成
fats.
地中海饮食中有很多的鲜脆的蔬菜 摆在盘子里就像彩虹一样
You’re going to see, again, a lot of crunchy vegetables, a lot of rainbows on those plates
也有很多的海鲜
and lots and lots of seafood.
这和西班牙饮食有很大的不同 所有的西班牙小菜中
I mean that’s really one of the main differences if you look at a Spanish diet, all those tapas
都有一点小银鱼 乌贼 章鱼
with little anchovies and a little bit of squid and a little bit of octopus where we’re
因此具有很高的营养价值 由此 我们可以知道这些营养元素
getting these very, very nutrient dense seafoods that, again, we know how these molecules that
对大脑健康的重要性了
are so important for brain health.

相关热播

  • 2021-08-24为什么你该停止说抱歉了?The episode is supported in part by Skill Share.本视频由Skill Share网站参与赞助播出 A few weeks ago, I was walking down the street,几周前 我正走在大街上 and a guy bumped into me 一个男人无意中撞到了我 so hard I almost fell over.力道之大..
  • 2021-08-24你老是丢钥匙的真实原因[片头][♪ INTRO ] 这才是最恼人的事情――正要出门It’s the most annoying thing — you’re about to walk out of the house 却发现自己想不起来钥匙放在哪了when you realize you have no idea where your keys are. 你本应该把它挂在门边的小..
  • 2021-08-24友谊的五个阶段——蜜友课1欢迎来到《蜜友课》的第一堂课Welcome to Lesson 1 Of The Bee Friend Course. 这门课会教你怎样交朋友This is a course that will teach you how to befriend others, 怎样更讨人喜欢to become more likable, 让你走到哪儿都能发展出深厚 有意义的友谊and to gain the ..
  • 2021-08-24迈尔斯-布里格斯(MBTI) 性格测试你是ENTJ 还是INFP? 即使你从没用过迈尔斯-布里格斯性格测试工具 来了解你的性格类型 你也或许至少见过这些缩写 这是全国最受欢迎的性格测试 超过200万的成年人用这样的在线工具 来确定自己的性格类型 令人震惊的是 财富100强中有89家公司 实际用这个测试来招聘和提升员工 这个视频我会讲述 迈尔斯-布里格斯性格类型指标的历史 也就是MBTI测试 以及它如何成为评估性格类型 最著名的方法之..
  • 2021-08-247个帮助做清醒梦的步骤你是否曾想过要逃到梦的世界里Have you ever wanted to escape into the world of the dream? 我们所有人都能做梦All of us are capable of dreaming, 但有时 感觉梦在控制着我们but sometimes, it feels like our dreams are controlling us. 对于不熟悉这个术..
  • 2021-08-24精神病患者的10个特征精神病患者Psychopathy. 他们都像《沉默的羔羊》中的莱克特医生或者《惊魂记》中的诺曼·贝茨那样么Is it all about Dr. Lecter in silence of the lambs or Normal Bates from psycho? 那么《美国精神病人》中的帕特里克·贝特曼呢How about Patrick Bateman from American Psych..
  • 2021-10-30早餐,吃还是不吃?Lately I feel like I’ve become a target for people最近我发现自己成了某些人的攻击对象 who like to tell me that I’m doing my nutrition wrong.那些人总喜欢说我营养摄入不当 Evidently some of you don’t agree with my pl..
  • 2021-08-24对方喜欢你的10种肢体语言来吧!心理学Psych2GoPsych To Go 你的目光停驻在佳人身上So, you’ve got your eye on that cutie. 你的心跳随时因她而加速Your heart beats fast whenever you see them. 你的脑海被她占据They’re constantly on your mind. 你渴望知道And you w..
  • 2021-08-24抑郁症患者的内心世界When I tell people I took a year off uni,当我告诉别人大学时我曾辍学了一年 I always say it’s because I was unwell.我总是说是因为我不舒服 But I never say I was mentally unwell.但我从来不说是我精神状态不佳 I know people will react differ..
  • 2021-08-24当你发懒时如何调动积极性?Do you hate to wake up early?你讨厌早起吗? Or to go to the gym 讨厌去健身房锻炼吗? or to work hard in school or at your job?讨厌努力学习或工作吗? Do you often postpone the work that you know you should do?你经常拖延该做的事情吗? Or may..
  • 2021-08-24迷恋vs恋爱:5大区别你是否迷恋过一个人呢 又想知道这种迷恋是否过了头? 有时候我们的情绪一团糟 且莫可名状 只感觉到一颗小鹿乱撞的心 或心里感觉七上八下 忐忑不安 好处是 随着年龄增长 我们能积累更多情感经验 这个答案便显而易见 这里列举了五条迷恋与恋爱的区别 第一 迷恋能迅速发展 但爱需要时间浇灌 当你头一回迷恋上某个人时 感觉很有趣 有些许轻浮 又令人兴奋 就像和火焰共舞一样 但这种迷恋并不持久 反之 爱需要时..
  • 2021-09-06了解心脏病和心肌梗塞《渗透医学》 According to the world health organization,根据世界卫生组织的报道 cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death worldwide在全球范围 心血管疾病是头号杀手 as well as in the US包括美国在内 of those a large proportion are..

我要评论

    评论加载中...

译学馆所有视频和图片来自互联网版权归原创者所有。

加载中...